Ads 468x60px

On the Duty of Civil Disobedience

That may perhaps surprise some of you, but behind my tough Digital shell hides quite a softer core print. And I read sometimes quite like magazines. Yes, now it's out.

And for years, if not decades, I envy the women to their diverse women's magazines, while it's all about muscles, sex, money and cars in the men's magazines.

I am therefore very pleased that Gruner & Jahr has now launched a new magazine with Walden on the market.

Merely the name of the magazine is super selected. Walden. Henry David Thoreau you just have to love, not only for Walden, but mainly because of his essay On the Duty of Civil Disobedience. When I discovered the age of 17 Thoreau, I was very intrigued by the rigor with which he tried to put against the state and in his opinion, wrong policies defended and withdrew far from civilization.

So now Walden, a magazine for men who have the desire for outdoor. "Nature wants you back" is the subtitle and I'm probably fully the audience.

I live with my family in the city and do that very much, but the feeling, sometimes having to get out has been steadily increasing in recent years with me. Hiking boots I bought and on the Brocken last year I was sometimes short, but you do about nothing. Only the longing for nature remains and books like The Outsiders: foreshadow New Outdoor Creativity that I am not the only one who lives urban and an urge then, has again to have more experiences in nature.

Walden is the first magazine for a long time that I have read in one go from start to finish. That may be a little because I was sitting in the IC from Dusseldorf to Hamburg and there was only a maximum of EDGE. But it is mainly because I Walden really liked: interesting stories, great pictures, extraordinary thick paper and a contemporary design. But above all: no power show with specifications and high-tech, but if products were introduced, then high quality, but rather simple products. The way I like them, and every now and again in Capture Neueszeugs.de for over a year.